I love dried mangoes! I'm always buying the ones at Costco. In order to try avoiding the preservatives in the store bought ones I wanted to try making my own. The only problem is I don't have a dehydrator. After some research, I made some in the oven. They actually turned out pretty good. You can download a PDF of this at the bottom of the post. Here's my recipe:
1 very ripe mango
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a peeler, peel the skin off the mango.
- Cut the mango into very thin slices (the thinner they are the less time it takes for them to dry).
- Place a cooling rack on a baking pan and spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Place the mangos on the rack.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours, flipping every 30 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick the mango slices are.
You might also like: